Saturday, April 11, 2009

Grandpa and Grandma's surprise Visit for Elyse's Birthday Party.










What a surprise for Elyse. Grandpa and Grandma and Uncle Scott showed up at Elyse's home around 12:30 am. Amber and Clay had beds ready for us since we had been driving for the last 5 1/2 hours. That morning when Elyse woke up she went to the bathroom and knocked on the door. She was so surprised when Grandpa opened it. All she could get out with excitement was GRANDPA! It made the surprise all worth it. It was our granddaughter's Elyse's birthday party that day. She had a Princess Tea (Lemonade) party. I had so much fun. She had 4 little girls that came. Elyse was very pretty that day. Her mom even bought her own little Tea cup. I took a lot of pictures as the girls decorated little purses, necklaces, and Terra's. Amber was so patient as she helped each girl with their projects. Madsyon was just a doll. She wanted to decorate and have fun also.

My favorite part was watching Amber read the story "The Tea Cup". The girls loved it. They sat so still as she read the whole book. Elyse had a Tea Cup for her cake. Elyse opened her presents so gracefully with her friends helping. My favorite picture I took is with her Uncle Scott and her. I am so glad that Grandpa and I, and your uncle Scott were able to come to your party, Elyse. We love you very much.

Brad and Scott drove home Sunday. I stayed until Tuesday afternoon. Monday, I took Amber and the girls to Getti Town. We had all you can eat pizza and salad. We than played games. I think Amber and I had the most fun. The girls had fun to. I love having this time with just Elyse and Madyson. We than went to the mall shopping. It's always fun for Grandma to buy the girls a cute outfit. I bought Amber a skirt for her birthday.

The most fun was going to Baskin N Robbins and getting a banana split. We got our ice cream and went home to eat it. We bought one for Clay also. That was the best banana split. Elyse ate most of hers.

Tuesday I was able to go to Elyse's Gymnastics's class. She was so cute. She listened to everything her instructor was telling them to do. She is pretty serious. I was so proud of her.

I left for the airport around 6:00 and arrived back home at 7:00. It was hard leaving Amber, but I am so thankful that she is not that far away with her family. When I got back, Brad and I took Scott out to dinner. I was his last night home before he returned back to the base in California. I love my family very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment